This Personal Data Protection Policy (hereafter referred to as the “Policy“) describes the method of collection, use and other treatment of personal data received through the website www.klenota.com (hereafter referred to as the “Website“).
Personal data controller:
KLENOTA s.r.o., registered office at Bílkova 855/19, 110 00 Prague 1
Tax identification number: CZ26286505
Registered in the Companies Register in Prague, Section C, insert 125957
Telephone: +420 603 219 313, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your privacy is very important to us. We kindly ask you to carefully read this Policy, which contains important information regarding the treatment of your personal data and related rights and obligations.
1. INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS
1.1. Personal data processing
We process personal data in compliance with the laws of the Czech Republic and directly applicable legislation of the European Union, specifically Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and the Repeal of Directive 95/46/EC (hereafter referred to as the “Regulation”) and Act No. 480/2004 Sb. (Coll.) on certain Information Society Services and on the amendment of other acts, as amended.
1.2. Personal data definition
Personal data means any information which identifies or can identify a particular natural person. Personal data includes but is not limited to:
- Identification details, such as first names, surnames and usernames for the user account.
- Contact details, such as the address of residence (or address for service), telephone number and email address.
- Other data, such as information gathered through cookies, IP addresses, browser type, device type, operating system, the length of time and number of times the Website was accessed etc.
2. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1. Collection of personal data
You provide your personal data when you complete a purchase order (and/or in contact forms) or when you create a user account. If any changes to your personal data occur, we kindly ask you to inform us.
When visiting and using the Website, additional information may be collected and stored through cookies. Learn more in section 5 of this Policy.
2.2. Use and purpose of personal data collection
- Personal data entered in purchase orders can be processed without your explicit consent on the basis and for the purpose of making and performing the purchase contract, i.e. for the purposes of product delivery. Furthermore, we can process such data on the basis and for the purposes of fulfilling obligations imposed by the law (including, but not limited to, record-keeping obligations, tax document archiving obligations, etc.) and on the basis of our legitimate interest for the purposes of protecting our legal claims.
- We can process personal data entered when you create a user account without your explicit consent on the basis of performing the contract and solely for the purpose of accessing, administering and managing the user account.
- We are authorized to use your email address without your explicit consent on the basis of our legitimate interest for sending commercial communication regarding products similar to those you ordered. You can refuse to receive commercial communication at any time.
- If you give us your consent by confirming it on the Website, we can process your personal data entered via the Website, in particular data entered when you complete an order or create a user account, for the purposes of sending commercial communication and direct marketing, and/or for other purposes you expressly consented to. If you are under 15 years of age, your legal representative’s consent is required. In case of doubts, we can request confirmation of your age.
- If your personal data is collected via cookies, we process this data on the basis of your consent (given through your browser settings), or our legitimate interest, or for the purposes of making and performing the purchase contract (this applies to first party cookies in particular). The data is then used for the purpose of providing customer service, improving our services, analyzing customer behavior and for marketing purposes.
To use your personal data for other purposes than what is outlined above we need your explicit consent.
2.3. Storage of personal data
Personal data entered when you order products or register is used by us for the period necessary to perform the contract, to comply with legal obligations and/or for the protection of our legal claims.
If you give us your explicit consent for the processing of your personal data or if we use your email address for sending commercial communication in accordance with the previous clause, the data will be stored and used throughout the functioning of the Website, as long as the Website offers goods similar to those you ordered.
3. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
3.1. Right to withdraw your consent in the processing of personal data
When processing of your personal data is based on your consent (i.e. for no other legal grounds), you can withdraw your consent at any time using the following methods:
- An email sent to our contact email address with your request.
- By phone at our contact telephone number.
- In writing, by a letter sent to our service address.
- In the case of commercial communication – in a manner described in each email containing commercial communication (by clicking on the Unsubscribe link).
The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
3.2. Right of access to personal data
You have the right to obtain information from us as to whether or not your personal data is being processed, and, when that is the case, you have the right to access the personal data and the following information:
- The purposes of the processing.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed.
- The period for which the personal data will be stored.
We will provide a copy of the personal data undergoing processing upon your request. For any further copies, we may charge a fee based on administrative costs not exceeding the costs of making and delivering such further copies.
3.3. Right to rectification
If your data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to obtain rectification without undue delay, i.e. the right to have inaccurate data rectified and to have incomplete personal data completed.
3.4. Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time if we process it for direct marketing purposes, incl. any automated processing of personal data. After such objections, we will cease to process your personal data for such purposes.
3.5. Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data when:
- The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
- You have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- You have objected to the processing of personal data.
- The personal data has been unlawfully processed.
If there are no legal grounds to refuse the erasure, we are obliged to comply with your request.
3.6. Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data when:
- You deny the accuracy of your personal data.
- The processing is unlawful and you request a restriction on its processing instead of its erasure.
- We no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have objected to the processing.
Where processing has been restricted, we are only authorized to store your personal data; any other processing is possible only with your consent or on legal grounds.
Where processing has been restricted due to an objection, the restriction will apply only for the period necessary to find out whether we are obliged to comply with your request.
Where processing has been restricted due to the denial of data accuracy, the restriction will apply only for the period necessary for the verification of data accuracy.
3.7. Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your provided personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit that data to another controller.
3.8. How to exercise your rights
You can exercise your rights regarding personal data using our contact details. We will provide you with information and carry out necessary acts without undue delay. We will do our best to accommodate your requirements regarding the protection of your personal data. If you are dissatisfied, you have the right to appeal to the competent supervisory authority in the Czech Republic (particularly the Person Data Protection Office) or in another member state of the European Union.
4. ADMINISTRATION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
4.1. Administration of personal data
We are the controller of personal data pursuant to the Regulation. To the extent necessary to perform the purchase contract or other obligations, we are entitled to transfer your personal data to other entities, such as shipping carriers or other entities engaged in the performance of the contract or our obligations. We will inform you who processes your personal data at your request.
Your personal data will not be transferred to states outside the European Union, unless such transfers are necessary for the performance of the contract or other obligations in accordance with the rules on such transfers set out in the Regulation.
4.2. Processing of personal data
Personal and other data obtained is fully secured against any unauthorized use. Personal data in electronic format will be processed by automated means, and personal data in paper format will be processed by non-automated means.
5. COOKIE FILES
5.1. Definition of cookies
5.2. Cookies and their use on the Website
The Website uses session (temporary) cookies, which are automatically deleted after the visitor closes the Website. It also uses persistent cookies that stay in your device until you delete them. Cookies used by the Website are as follows:
First-party cookies – such cookies are assigned to the domain of our Website. These consist of necessary cookies and performance cookies, that may be either temporary or persistent.
- Necessary cookies – enable navigating on the Website and its basic features. They do not identify you and or your personal data.
- Performance cookies – gather information about how the Website is used (number of visits, time spent on the Website etc.). Data collected by such cookies are anonymous.
Third-party cookies – these cookies are assigned to domains other than our Website and are in use when you are browsing our Website. On the basis of your consent, these cookies allow us to analyze our Website and display tailored advertising. They consist of functional cookies and advertising cookies.
- Functional cookies – used to personalize the Website content by remembering login information, your geolocation etc. They can be used to collect and process personal data.
- Advertising cookies – used to display targeted advertising on the Website and outside the Website. They can be used to collect and process personal data. Information concerning your use of the Website can be shared with our partners in social networks, advertising and analysis.
5.3. Services used to process cookies
The Website uses Google Analytics and other services provided by Google LLC (hereafter referred to as “Google“), Meta Pixel provided by Meta Platforms, Inc. (hereafter referred to as “Meta“), Sklik provided by Seznam.cz a.s. (hereafter referred to as “Seznam“). These services process information gathered through cookies.
Google Analytics is used to gather statistical information about your use of the Website. Cookies obtained by this service expire, depending on your browser settings, after a maximum of 2 years or until they are manually removed by you.
Google Ads is used to identify you within Google’s advertising network for the purpose of retargeting and remarketing. Cookies obtained by this service expire, depending on your browser settings, after a maximum of 18 months or until they are manually removed by you.
Meta Pixel is used to identify you within Meta's advertising network for the purpose of retargeting and remarketing. Cookies obtained by this service expire, depending on your browser settings, after a maximum of 2 years or until they are manually removed by you.
Sklik is used to identify you within Seznam's advertising network for the purpose of retargeting and remarketing. Cookies obtained by this service expire, depending on your browser settings, after a maximum of 18 months or until they are manually removed by you.
For more information regarding how Google uses information from websites such as ours, and how to adjust or decline their processing, visit Google’s Privacy & Terms.
5.4. How to adjust your settings or decline the processing of cookies
Cookie settings can be adjusted in your internet browser. Below you can find instructions on how to change the settings for your browser:
These Principles are valid and effective from March 5, 2021.